This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.1787 / 50°10'43"N
Longitude: -5.4258 / 5°25'32"W
OS Eastings: 155510
OS Northings: 36579
OS Grid: SW555365
Mapcode National: GBR DXZ6.PGK
Mapcode Global: VH12M.WRZW
Entry Name: Glanmor House
Listing Date: 14 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1327660
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70274
Location: Hayle, Cornwall, TR27
Civil Parish: Hayle
Built-Up Area: Hayle
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Erth
Church of England Diocese: Truro
HAYLE TRELISSICK ROAD (west side), Hayle
12/162 Glanmor House
House. Circa 1862. Built for Harvey and Co for their transport manager. Stuccoed
walls. Hipped grouted scantle slate roofs with central valley and linked across the
garden front. Projecting eaves with cast iron ogee gutters. Chamfered stuccoed
grouped chimney shafts at rear left, over right-hand wall, over cross wall of lower
service wing, right, and towards rear, far right.
Plan: Unaltered double depth plan with 2-rooms-wide reception area of the house on
the left and shallower plan 2-rooms-wide service area on the right. Main house has
central hallway leading to stair hall and axial passage behind right-hand room; 2
linked reception rooms to garden front, left, and another reception room behind axial
passage, 2 storey bay windows to garden front and at rear right. At rear left is a
large bay window/conservatory. Later lean-to conservatory added to service end at
rear. Classical style.
Exterior: 2-storeys. Similar stucco details to each front: plinth; giant engaged
panelled corner pilaster; rusticated courses to ground floor; vermiculated first
floor band under sills; moulded sills; moulded architraves and panelled frieze under
eaves cornice. Reception block has original hornless sashes with plate glass,
service wing has original hornless sashes with glazing bars. Symmetrical 3 window
entrance front with original central porch and lower 3 window service wing set back
on the right. Porch is approximately Tuscan distyle in antae with round headed
windows between the square columns and central doorway with original door and
overlight. Entablature has moulded brackets to the cornice and there is an ornate
parapet with pierced balustrade over.
2-bay garden front: 2-storey canted bay windows with pilaster mullions and round arch
lights to the ground floor; moulded brackets to the cornices under the first floor
sills and moulded cornices to the windows above.
Rear has similar details 2-storey bay window on the left and large canted 5-light bay
with pilaster mullions and entablature on the right. Service wing has wide mid-floor
band and moulded architraves to the windows.
Interior: Complete interior with cast-iron stair balustrade by Harvey and Co;
original doors, architraves and door furniture; chimney-pieces; and fine plasterwork
ceilings with possibly the original colour scheme (repainted early C20).
Listing NGR: SW5551036579
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings