This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.6413 / 50°38'28"N
Longitude: -4.3921 / 4°23'31"W
OS Eastings: 230953
OS Northings: 85127
OS Grid: SX309851
Mapcode National: GBR NJ.8ZM0
Mapcode Global: FRA 17PC.W5L
Entry Name: Newchurches Farmhouse
Listing Date: 11 January 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1327998
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68035
Location: St. Stephens By Launceston Rural, Cornwall, PL15
Civil Parish: St. Stephens by Launceston Rural
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Launceston
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST STEPHENS BY
SX 38 NW LAUNCESTON
9/141 Newchurches Farmhouse
Farmhouse. 1854 (datestone) built by the Coode estate for E. Coode. Stone rubble
with brick segmental arches to openings. Rag slate roof with hipped end and deep
eaves. Brick shafts to axial and end stacks.
Plan: Irregular double depth plan with opposing entrances in right and left hand
sides. The ground slopes down to the front and the two principal rooms on the front
are above the cellar at the front. The service rooms are positioned in the higher
rear side of the house, above the entrances.
Exterior: 2 storeys and cellar. The front elevation has an almost symmetrical 3-
window front, the windows disposed a little to the right. C19 partly blocked
casements lighting the cellar with a moulded plinth above. Three C19 16-pane sashes
on ground floor and three above, all with brick segmental arches. The left-hand side
of the house has a C19 gabled entrance porch of stone rubble with rag slate roof and
4-centred brick arch with C19 16-pane sashes to right and left, and two placed
asymmetrically above. The right hand side has a second entrance with C19 panelled
door with C19 stair window on the higher right hand side and datestone in a roundel
on the first floor to left 'E. COODE ESQ 1854).
Interior: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SX3095385127
Other nearby listed buildings