This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.2047 / 50°12'16"N
Longitude: -5.1194 / 5°7'9"W
OS Eastings: 177502
OS Northings: 38505
OS Grid: SW775385
Mapcode National: GBR ZB.28D7
Mapcode Global: FRA 085H.1DP
Entry Name: Oak Tree House
Listing Date: 12 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1328663
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63606
Location: Perranarworthal, Cornwall, TR3
Civil Parish: Perranarworthal
Built-Up Area: Perranwell
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Stithians
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 73 NE PERRANARWORTHAL PERRANARWORTHAL
3/338 Oak Tree House
House. Early C19 and extended circa 1860. Stucco over rubble and stucco over brick
walls with granite sills. Spanish slate roof with brick chimneys over gable ends.
Plain parapet to front of left-hand original part and wide eaves to front of later
Double depth plan of 2 equal reception rooms flanking central passage leading to
central stair between rear service rooms of kitchen left, extended slightly to rear
circa 1860, and pantry right. Large drawing room added to right-hand (north east)
side of house circa 1860. Original cellars built into bank at rear.
2 storeys. Overall 5-window south east front of original symmetrical 3-window front
on left and regular 2-window garden front of drawing room set back slightly on right.
Original part has central doorway with 2 vertical panelled door and original lattice
paned overlight; wooden doorcase with panelled pilasters surmounted by large hood
with moulded cornice carried on moulded brackets. Original hornless sashes with
glazing bars with 20 panes to taller ground floor windows and with 16 panes to first
floor. Windows to right are original circa 1860 12-pane horned sashes. Round-headed
stair window with ogee tracery at rear.
Interior is almost complete with its original C19 carpentry and joinery: niches to
piers in front wall; 6-panel doors with moulded architraves; window shutters; moulded
plaster ceiling cornices and bands to reception rooms and with egg and dart cornice
and central rose to drawing room; stick baluster stair with square newel caps;
engaged columns to opening between left-hand room and kitchen and a resited fireplace
in original right-hand room.
Listing NGR: SW7750238505
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings