History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Green Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Haslingfield, Cambridgeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1498 / 52°8'59"N

Longitude: 0.0521 / 0°3'7"E

OS Eastings: 540497

OS Northings: 252153

OS Grid: TL404521

Mapcode National: GBR L7Z.1ZP

Mapcode Global: VHHKF.V7D9

Entry Name: Green Farmhouse

Listing Date: 31 May 1958

Last Amended: 31 May 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1331146

English Heritage Legacy ID: 51797

Location: Haslingfield, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB23

County: Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Haslingfield

Built-Up Area: Haslingfield

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Haslingfield All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Shepreth

Listing Text

TL 4052 HASLINGFIELD HIGH STREET
(South Side)

15/181 No. 12 (Green
Farmhouse)

II

House. Late C17 and c.1825. Late C17 part timber-framed, rendered, and reed
thatched with rebuilt white brick stack. Two bays remain of possibly a three . --
bay cottage. One storey and attic. Two dormers to High Street elevation and
four casements. Original entry, now blocked, on garden side, to lobby
entry. In c.1825 the principal range was added for the bailiff of
Haslingfield Manor. Grey brick and tiled with end stacks. Two storeys.
Symmetrical facade of two, sixteen-pane flush frame hung sashes on first
floor. The centre window was inserted mid C20. Two steps up to central
doorway with reeded doorcase, flat hood on shaped brackets. Two,
sixteen-pane hung sashes at ground floor. Inside. Timber framing, mostly
elm, is exposed. Abutting hearths rebuilt.coade stone floor to one room of c.1825 part, and another with reeded fireplace surround. In the garden a
detached kitchen of grey brick and clay bat, pantiled with end stack, and an
outbuilding, formerly partly used as a wash-house of large soft red brick,
pantiled. Two windows and two doorways.
R.C.H.M. West Cambs., mon.(8)
Photograph 1908: Private collection


Listing NGR: TL4049752153

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.