History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

School House and the Old School Room

A Grade II Listed Building in Bainton, City of Peterborough

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6413 / 52°38'28"N

Longitude: -0.3844 / 0°23'3"W

OS Eastings: 509414

OS Northings: 306059

OS Grid: TF094060

Mapcode National: GBR GXD.KLP

Mapcode Global: WHGLZ.2W60

Entry Name: School House and the Old School Room

Listing Date: 24 February 1982

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1331531

English Heritage Legacy ID: 49837

Location: Bainton, Peterborough, PE9

County: City of Peterborough

Civil Parish: Bainton

Built-Up Area: Bainton

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Bainton

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Ufford

Listing Text

1.
5141 BAINTON TALLINGTON ROAD
(east side)
School House and The
Old School Room
TF 0906 28/53
II GV
2.
C18 range of cottages and adjoining late C19 school room. Coursed stone rubble
with steeply pitched Collyweston stone roof with gabled ends. One storey and
attic. Three window range, casements, 3 hipped dormers, and plank door. School
added to north end on form of gabled cross wing dated 1876, converted to a
house, stone with Collyweston stone roof, one storey and attic, large windows
with keystones, plaque in gable "Erected by Lord Kesteven 1876". Included
for group value.


Listing NGR: TF0941406059

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

1.
5141 BAINTON TALLINGTON ROAD
(east side)
School House and The
Old School Room
TF 0906 28/53
II GV
2.
C18 range of cottages and adjoining late C19 school room. Coursed stone rubble
with steeply pitched Collyweston stone roof with gabled ends. One storey and
attic. Three window range, casements, 3 hipped dormers, and plank door. School
added to north end on form of gabled cross wing dated 1876, converted to a
house, stone with Collyweston stone roof, one storey and attic, large windows
with keystones, plaque in gable "Erected by Lord Kesteven 1876". Included
for group value.


Listing NGR: TF0941406059

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.