This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.6626 / 51°39'45"N
Longitude: 0.0292 / 0°1'45"E
OS Eastings: 540446
OS Northings: 197929
OS Grid: TQ404979
Mapcode National: GBR MB.S1V
Mapcode Global: VHHMR.GG9T
Plus Code: 9F32M27H+2M
Entry Name: The Manor House
Listing Date: 26 January 1956
Last Amended: 29 August 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1337455
English Heritage Legacy ID: 117614
Location: Waltham Abbey, Epping Forest, Essex, IG10
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Waltham Abbey
Built-Up Area: High Beach
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: High Beach Holy Innocents
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
In the entry for the following:
TQ 49 NW 6/18 26.1.56 Manor House
The address shall be amended to read:
1767 AVEY LANE
Nos 1, 2 and 3 The Manor House
(formerly listed as Manor House)
and the description shall be amended to read:
Houses, now 3 houses. Late C17, with extension of c. 1730-40 to rear; Nos 2
and 3 form extension of 1875 to right. No 1: Flemish bond brick, with late
C17 chequer brick to front; gabled Welsh slate roof; brick stacks, with 1875
diagonally - set flues. Double-depth plan. 2 storeys and attic; symmetrical
6-window range with slightly projecting outer bays, with stone coping to 3
Dutch gables. Dutch-gabled porch of 1875 to centre. Gauged brick flat arches
over horned late C19 plate-glass sashes. One-bay extension of c. 1840 to
left, with label moulds over 3-light stone-millioned and transomed windows
with Dutch gable to left. Mid C18 extension to rear has two 2-storey canted
bays with mid C18 six-pane sashes with thick glazing bars. Interior not
inspected but likely to be of interest. Nos 1 and 2, built 1875, to right:
Flemish bond red brick; gabled slate roof; brick stacks with diagonally-set
flues. Double-depth plan. 2-storey, 6-window range with Flemish gables to
front. Square-headed chamfered stucco architraves to C20 doors and 2-light
ovolo-moulded cross windows with casements. Interior: late C19 dog-leg
stairs, panelled doors, enriched plaster cornices and plain wood and marble
TQ 49 NW 6/18 26.1.56.
Late C17 centre, C19 wings added 1875. 2 storeys and attics. Central block of
red brick, some grey headers. Floor bands of brick now stucco covered. Slight
central recession, 2:2:2 nearly flush sash windows in moulded frames under flat
arches. 3 curvilinear gables, each with sash window. Central C19 porch with
similar gable. Welsh slated roofs. C19 wings in keeping.
West garden front has 2 canted 2 storey bays.
Interior: ornate carved marble chimneypiece to central west ground floor room.
Listing NGR: TQ4044697929
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings