This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8293 / 51°49'45"N
Longitude: -1.8368 / 1°50'12"W
OS Eastings: 411344
OS Northings: 214528
OS Grid: SP113145
Mapcode National: GBR 3PR.BFL
Mapcode Global: VHB27.39T1
Entry Name: W J Castle, Butcher
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 25 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1340776
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130523
Location: Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Northleach with Eastington
Built-Up Area: Northleach
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Northleach St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
NORTHLEACH WITH THE GREEN
EASTINGTON (south side)
8/86 W. J. Castle, Butcher (formerly
listed as Tudor House)
Butcher's shop in row. C16. Ashlar on ground floor and at gable
ends. Jettied close-studded first floor with plastered infill,
stone slate roof, ashlar stack. Rectangular plan with later
extensions at right angles at rear. Two storey, 3-windowed facade.
Canted shop front with two 12-pane sash windows at front. Two
small shutters to smaller sash windows lighting splayed sides of
window. Four-panel stable type door right. Two-pane sash right.
Double doors to through access to rear right. Stack and flat copng
at left gable end. Interior; intersecting beams visible within
shop. Interior otherwise not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP1134214525
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings