This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9291 / 51°55'44"N
Longitude: -1.724 / 1°43'26"W
OS Eastings: 419073
OS Northings: 225652
OS Grid: SP190256
Mapcode National: GBR 4Q2.2XM
Mapcode Global: VHBZ5.2SF1
Entry Name: The Rectory
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1341582
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126374
Location: Stow-on-the-Wold, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Stow-on-the-Wold
Built-Up Area: Stow-on-the-Wold
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Stow-on-the Wold St Edward
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 SHEEP STREET
(formerly listed as
SP 1925 NW 2/64 25.8.60
Early C18 town house, altered late C19. Coursed rubble with ashlar dressings to the
windows, Cotswold stone roof. Two storeys and attic, 3 windows, 1.2, the left hand
bay is a projecting 2-storey porch. Windows are C19 sashes in moulded stone surrounds,
shouldered architraves. Victorian panelled double doors. Moulded wooden eaves cornice,
timbered gables to porch and 2 dormers. Higher rear wing suggestive of earlier
building. Rear has gable with dovecot.
Interior with good original panelling and staircase.
Listing NGR: SP1907325652
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings