This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5314 / 51°31'52"N
Longitude: -0.1347 / 0°8'5"W
OS Eastings: 529478
OS Northings: 183031
OS Grid: TQ294830
Mapcode National: GBR F5.X7
Mapcode Global: VHGQS.MR4Y
Entry Name: Church of St Mary the Virgin
Listing Date: 10 June 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1342049
English Heritage Legacy ID: 477270
Location: Camden, London, NW1
Electoral Ward/Division: St Pancras and Somers Town
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Pancras Old Church
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ2983SW EVERSHOLT STREET
798-1/83/427 (East side)
10/06/54 Church of St Mary the Virgin
Church. 1824-7. By H and HW Inwood. Built by IT Seabrook. Apse
added 1888 by Ewan Christian, who also removed side galleries.
West gallery removed and interior decorated 1890. Grey brick
with stone dressings. 7 bays with aisles in thin Gothic style.
Symmetrical west front with central buttressed tower having
pinnacles at angles and Y-tracery louvred belfry opening;
pointed arch main entrance. Tower flanked by 2 bays, outer
bays having pointed arch entrances the same dimensions as the
main entrance flanked by buttress terminating in pinnacles
above the cornice and parapet. String course at window height
continuing around the building. North facade with pointed
2-light geometrical tracery windows (narthex window with
Y-tracery), flanked by buttresses terminating at the cornice
above which a parapet. INTERIOR: with vaulted roof on
cast-iron clustered columns.
(Survey of London: Vol. XXIV, King's Cross Neighbourhood,
Parish of St Pancras IV: London: -1952).
Listing NGR: TQ2947883031
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings