This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.9427 / 53°56'33"N
Longitude: -0.6761 / 0°40'34"W
OS Eastings: 486995
OS Northings: 450434
OS Grid: SE869504
Mapcode National: GBR RQQV.FD
Mapcode Global: WHGDM.L578
Plus Code: 9C5XW8VF+3G
Entry Name: Church of Saint James
Listing Date: 26 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1346299
English Heritage Legacy ID: 167008
Location: Warter, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO42
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Warter
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Nunburnholme St James
Church of England Diocese: York
SE 85 SE WARTER B1246
6/38 Church of Saint James
Church. 1862, by Habershon and Pite. Small ashlar, plain tile roof. West
tower with broach spire, 5-bay nave with south porch, one-bay chancel with
polygonal apse and north vestry. Late C13 style. West tower: moulded
plinth, angle buttresses with gablets and offsets, moulded string-courses.
2-light belfry openings with tracery in Geometrical style under stopped
hoodmoulds. 2-light lucarnes. Nave: pointed window without
tracery to east, all other windows with tracery in Geometrical style.
Hoodmoulds with foliated stops throughout. Pointed south door with
continuous mouldings under hoodmould with leaf-stops. Chancel: 2-light
windows with varying tracery in Geometrical style under hoodmoulds with
foliated stops. Interior contains recumbent effigy, by Frampton, of Mrs.
Wilson, died 1905.
Listing NGR: SE8699550434
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings