This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.1324 / 51°7'56"N
Longitude: 0.2676 / 0°16'3"E
OS Eastings: 558755
OS Northings: 139459
OS Grid: TQ587394
Mapcode National: GBR MPS.VX0
Mapcode Global: VHHQD.LSBR
Entry Name: 1-17, Calverley Park Crescent
Listing Date: 24 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1346502
English Heritage Legacy ID: 167930
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1
Electoral Ward/Division: Park
Built-Up Area: Royal Tunbridge Wells
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Tunbridge Wells Holy Trinity with Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
CALVERLEY PARK CRESCENT
Nos 1 to 17 (consec)
TQ 5839 SE 7/80 24.11.66
This crescent was originally called Calverley Promenade. It was built in 1828-1835 and was designed as shops with lodging houses above, but they later became houses. No 1 was the bath-house, and in the centre house was a reading room with a billiard room over. Decimus Burton Architect. Built of local Tunbridge Wells stone. The ground floor of the garden front is stuccoed. 3 storeys and basement cornice and parapet. 2 sashes to each with most glazing bars intact. French windows on the 1st floor. On the 1st floor is a continuous stuccoed balcony supported on a slender iron colonnade based on a raised platform with an iron railing above the colonnade. The end houses (Nos 1 and 17) and the 3 centre houses (Nos 8,9 and 10) project slightly and have a cornice below the top floor. The end houses also have curved bays at the sides.
Nos 1 to 17 (consec) form a group.
Listing NGR: TQ5875239458
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings