This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 54.1434 / 54°8'36"N
Longitude: -0.4006 / 0°24'1"W
OS Eastings: 504578
OS Northings: 473130
OS Grid: TA045731
Mapcode National: GBR TNNJ.2G
Mapcode Global: WHGCS.T3FY
Plus Code: 9C6X4HVX+8Q
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 30 June 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1346665
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166849
Location: Wold Newton, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO25
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Wold Newton
Built-Up Area: Wold Newton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Wold Newton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 07 SW WOLD NEWTON FRONT STREET
3/78 Church of All Saints
- II *
Church. Nave, C12, chancel 1850, north aisle to nave and chancel 1857,
south porch and bell turret C19. Ashlar lead roof to nave, slate roofs
elsewhere, timber-frame. 4-bay nave with bell turret, south porch,
2-bay chancel. Nave with chamfered plinth. C12 south door has nook-
shafts with scallops and wheels flanked by partridge to left, wheel to
right. Imposts with cable and lozenge ornament support round arch with
inner order decorated with roll-moulding and saltire crosses, and outer
chamfered order with billet ornament. Tympanum has chequer decoration
enclosing Maltese cross with 3 discs and a circle in upper left and
right quadrants respectively. 3-light window with Curvilinear tracery
to right of door, 2-light windows with Perpendicular tracery to left.
Round-headed lancet window at higher level to extreme right. Raised
coped gables with shaped kneelers. Lower chancel with heavy quoining.
South door in pointed stone surround flanked by pointed lancet to left,
2-light window with Perpendicular tracery under hood-mould to right.
Slate roof, raised coped gable with kneelers. 3-light east window with
Perpendicular tracery under segmental head with hood-mould and datestone
1850 over. North aisle runs full length of church: 5 round-headed
windows in Romanesque style, raised coped gable with shaped kneelers.
Bell turret with pyramidal roof and cross finial. South porch of re-
used stone and raised coped stone gable with kneelers. Interior has
north arcade of 1857 with cylindrical piers on round moulded bases with
octagonal capitals and abaci supporting semicircular arches of 2 orders
with deep roll-mouldings. C12 tub font with zig-zag and palmette band
and plait band; C12 nook-shafts with scallops and lozenges to rebuilt
round-headed chancel arch. Royal Arms of 1713 and 1839. North aisle
has box pews of 1839, doors removed.
Listing NGR: TA0457873130
Other nearby listed buildings