This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1149 / 52°6'53"N
Longitude: -1.7963 / 1°47'46"W
OS Eastings: 414046
OS Northings: 246303
OS Grid: SP140463
Mapcode National: GBR 4MN.8PW
Mapcode Global: VHB0W.T37K
Entry Name: Broad Marston Manor
Listing Date: 30 July 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1350112
English Heritage Legacy ID: 147625
Location: Pebworth, Wychavon, Worcestershire, CV37
Civil Parish: Pebworth
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Pebworth St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 14 NW PEBWORTH BROAD MARSTON
30.7.59 Broad Marston Manor
Manor house C16 largely rebuilt in C17. Cotswold stone with some blue lias. Imi-
tation stone tile roof with coped gables. Three-storey to front, 2-storey and attic
to rear with evidence of refronting and heightening in internal timbers. Front range
4 windows, stone mullions with hoodmoulds. String course over 1st floor. Windows
3:3:4:3 lights to 2nd floor; 3:3:4:4 to 1st floor. Ground floor has some blue lias
stone at left end; one 2-light window, a modern porch, one 3-light window, a Tudor
arched central doorway and 2 large modern 3-light windows under original hoodmoulds.
To rear are mullioned windows with hoodmoulds on 2 floors, 3-light, 3 to 1st floor,
one to ground floor. Two large rear wall stacks, the left side an outside stack with
blue lias stone base.
South gable end has stone mullioned 2-light Let floor window, single light attic
window and ground floor window of 2 small cusped pointed lights. North gable end
rebuilt in brick.
Interior: timber-framed cross passage. C17 staircase with original rail at 2nd floor
The manor house of the Bushell family from 1245 to 1622 when sold to
Sir Thomas Bennett who probably rebuilt it.
Listing NGR: SP1404646303
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings