This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.837 / 50°50'13"N
Longitude: -0.7786 / 0°46'43"W
OS Eastings: 486100
OS Northings: 104874
OS Grid: SU861048
Mapcode National: GBR DGS.FYX
Mapcode Global: FRA 968W.DHZ
Entry Name: The Market House and Art Annexe of Chichester College of Further Education
Listing Date: 5 July 1950
Last Amended: 8 October 1971
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1354333
English Heritage Legacy ID: 300043
Location: Chichester, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Chichester
Built-Up Area: Chichester
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Chichester St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
The Market House and
Art Annexe of Chichester
College of Further
Education (Formerly listed
as The Market House
SU 8604 NW 4/49 and Technical Institute)
1807. T Nash Architect. 2 storeys. Stone. Doric colonnade with entablature
and balustrade. Ionic pilasters above. Top storey and small addition at
each end late C19.
The Market House, Technical Institute and Nos 83 to 87 (consec) form a group.
Listing NGR: SU8610004874
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings