This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0806 / 51°4'50"N
Longitude: -1.8632 / 1°51'47"W
OS Eastings: 409678
OS Northings: 131261
OS Grid: SU096312
Mapcode National: GBR 3ZT.3S1
Mapcode Global: FRA 66Z8.9YL
Entry Name: The Old House
Listing Date: 8 June 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1355786
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319261
Location: Wilton, Wiltshire, SP2
Civil Parish: Wilton
Built-Up Area: Wilton
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Wilton St Mary and St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
5409 NORTH STREET
Nos 11 and 13
(The Old House)
SU 0931 5/23
Circa 1800 front to much older possibly late mediaeval core. Formerly a
terrace of 3 or 4 cottages, now one. 2 storeys, painted brick on salient
plinth. Plat band. Brick block cornice to eaves. Old tile roof. 1 tall
ridge chimney to right of centre, another off-ridge to left. 3 ranges of
windows, cross glazed sashes, and segmental headed, except for a 2-light
glazing bar casement to right of door. A further bay to right has a small
3-light canted oriel to 1st floor and a mid C19 shop front with bracketted
pilasters to fascia, 3 panes and door to left. Main door left of centre
with narrow pilasters, cut brackets to flat hood (? modern) and 6-panel
door (upper 2 glazed). Ogee headed footscraper to right and remains of
a similar one to left. Traces of at least one blocked doorway.
Interior: large exposed inglenook type fireplace right of centre. Modernised.
Rear wall partly timber-framed.
Listing NGR: SU0967831261
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings