This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0631 / 51°3'47"N
Longitude: -1.8 / 1°47'59"W
OS Eastings: 414112
OS Northings: 129321
OS Grid: SU141293
Mapcode National: GBR 51F.7RJ
Mapcode Global: FRA 7639.QLK
Entry Name: Leaden Hall
Listing Date: 28 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1355816
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319061
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1
Civil Parish: Salisbury
Built-Up Area: Salisbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
No 70 (Leaden Hall)
SU 1429 SW 5/5 28.2.52.
Original canonical house on this site built by Elias de Dereham, designer
of the Cathedral, probably one of earliest in the Close. Present house built
to north in 1717 some reused Old stonework in fabric. Stucco buttressed east
front, with moulded eaves cornice and old tile roof half hipped. 3 windows
on lst floor. 2 windows on ground floor, the right hand windows on 3 light.
All windows with drip moulds. Projecting central ('Gothic') buttressed porch
with glazed door, early Cl9. A central arched fanlight with 4 central arched
panes. West front in 2 parts, the main part taller, all of ashlar stone faith
moulded cornice and parapet, and 3 tall windows. A lower extension and service
block to the north also of 3 windows.
All the listed buildings in the Close form an outstanding group.
Listing NGR: SU1410929327
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings