This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5829 / 51°34'58"N
Longitude: -1.8611 / 1°51'40"W
OS Eastings: 409718
OS Northings: 187125
OS Grid: SU097871
Mapcode National: GBR 3SM.Q8D
Mapcode Global: VHB3C.PGGW
Plus Code: 9C3WH4MQ+5G
Entry Name: Prower Monument in Churchyard, 45 Metres South East of South East Corner of South Chapel, Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 17 April 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1356056
English Heritage Legacy ID: 317932
Location: Purton, Wiltshire, SN5
Civil Parish: Purton
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Purton
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
SU 08 NE PURTON CHURCH END
Prower monument in churchyard, 45m
south-east of south-east corner of
south chapel, Church of St. Mary
Monument. Eary C19. Sandstone. Triangular monument on pedestal
with recessed side panels between corner buttresses, the panels
gabled and inscribed. To the Rev. JOHN PROWER, died 1827, and Rev.
JOHN MERVYN PROWER and family.
Listing NGR: SU0971887125
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings