This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.4852 / 53°29'6"N
Longitude: -2.5673 / 2°34'2"W
OS Eastings: 362453
OS Northings: 398873
OS Grid: SJ624988
Mapcode National: GBR BXH4.ZC
Mapcode Global: WH985.JNPJ
Entry Name: Byrom Hall
Listing Date: 15 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1356257
English Heritage Legacy ID: 213485
Location: Wigan, WA3
Electoral Ward/Division: Golborne and Lowton West
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Lowton St Luke
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
GOLBORNE SLAG LANE
SJ 69 NW
5/17 Byrom Hall
House. 1713 formerly to be seen on a lead rainwater head.
Rendered English garden wall bond brick with slate roof.
Double-depth central-staircase plan with 3 x 2 bays and 3
storeys. Central panelled door with overlight has barrel-
shaped canopy on enriched brackets. The windows which have
all been replaced by C20 casements have stone sills and
keystones. Continuous first and second floor bands and a
modillioned eaves cornice. Gable chimney stacks to a steeply
pitched roof. Similar windows to sides and rear. Small oval
openings in left gable. Interior: dogleg stair with heavy
rail, rectangular newels with sunk panels and barleysugar
balusters on a closed string with pulvinated frieze. All the
doors have 2 fielded panels with bolection mouldings one of
which is still marked " cheese room". Some crosswalls are
said to be timber-framed. The lead downpipe which no longer exists
had 3 hedgehogs on the fixing lugs.
Listing NGR: SJ6245398873
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings