This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.785 / 52°47'6"N
Longitude: -0.1477 / 0°8'51"W
OS Eastings: 525022
OS Northings: 322433
OS Grid: TF250224
Mapcode National: GBR HX9.KG8
Mapcode Global: WHHMM.P8W9
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Mary and St Nicholas
Listing Date: 29 December 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1359547
English Heritage Legacy ID: 197267
Location: South Holland, Lincolnshire, PE11
District: South Holland
Electoral Ward/Division: Spalding St Mary's
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Spalding
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Spalding St Mary and St Nicolas
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 2421 SPALDING CHURCH STREET
722/1/44 Parish Church of St Mary
and St Nicholas
Built as the parish church by Prior William de Littleport, circa 1284, on the site of a Norman Chapel (of which some remains. Basically of cruciform shape, with C14 and C15 accretions. North chapel by Sir G G Scott in 1865-7, at the time of a general restoration. Perpendicular hammerbeam roof (with angels) restored by Scott. West doorway into tower of 1688. Chancel ceiling by Stephen Dykes-Bower. Screen by J Oldrid Scott, 1875.
The Parish Church of St Mary and St Nicholas Wall and Gateway to the Parish
Church of St Mary and St Nicholas and Beech House form a group.
Listing NGR: TF2502222433
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings