This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.7348 / 52°44'5"N
Longitude: -0.7206 / 0°43'13"W
OS Eastings: 486486
OS Northings: 316012
OS Grid: SK864160
Mapcode National: GBR CQT.JNK
Mapcode Global: WHFK8.XJ18
Plus Code: 9C4XP7MH+WQ
Entry Name: Church of Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 14 June 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1361821
English Heritage Legacy ID: 186707
Location: Teigh, Rutland, LE15
Civil Parish: Teigh
Traditional County: Rutland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Rutland
Church of England Parish: Teigh Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
SK 81 NE CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY
Church of 1782 with part C13 tower. By G. Richardson for Earl of Harborough.
Ashlar with small section coursed rubble stone and parapetted lead roof.
W tower with nave and chancel combined and under one roof. Tower of
4 stages with plinth and angle buttresses. 1st stage of C13 with W and
S doors. Rest of 1782 with 2 tiers of 4 Dec bell openings with hood
moulds. Frieze, battlements and pinnacles. Nave of 3 bays with plinth,
angle buttresses ending in pyramids, frieze and battlements. 3 windows
either side and E window with hood moulds, and Dec. and Geometrical tracery,
probably of 1881. W door leads to circular vestibule with plaster vault
and under 3-decker W pulpit to nave. E and W walls divided into 3 bay
blank arcades, the W wall arches to left and right containing Lord's
Prayer and Creed, the wider central arch the fine and unusual pulpit.
Oak with blank arcading and shafted corners. In 'Strawberry Hill' Gothic
style with canted oriel pulpit over passage and carved pinnacles. Trompe
l'oeil window behind. 3 tiers of original pine pews facing aisle. Oak
reredos with altarpiece of Lord's Supper att. to Otto Van Veen (1556
-1634). 10 Commandments in blank arches to left and right and E window
with stained glass of 1881. Other windows have stained glass of similar
date (patterns and painted flowers and leaves). Shallow plaster nave
vault with Harborough and Royal Arms and dated 1789. Contemporary small
mahogany vase font and also stone font carved by Rector c1835. Pevsner
and Holy Trinity Teigh, guide book, 1967.
Listing NGR: SK8648616012
Book cover links are generated automatically from the sources. They are not necessarily always correct, as book names at Amazon may not be quite the same as those used referenced in the text.
Source title links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings