This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.2801 / 52°16'48"N
Longitude: -1.5902 / 1°35'24"W
OS Eastings: 428053
OS Northings: 264745
OS Grid: SP280647
Mapcode National: GBR 5MB.0S7
Mapcode Global: VHBXH.DY5F
Entry Name: 56, High Street
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1364811
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307505
Location: Warwick, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34
Civil Parish: Warwick
Built-Up Area: Warwick
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Warwick St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
1781 HIGH STREET
SP 2864 NW 1/288 10.1.53.
Now a part of Leicester Hospital. C16 (or earlier), 2 storey plus attic
house of heavy timber framing. To right hand side is gabled cross wing
of simple character jettied at first floor. Central 2 storey 'Elizabethan"
projecting porch, upper part being of close set studding and with diagonal
studding to gable head. Jettied moulded bressummer at first floor supported
by moulded storey posts. Leaded lights, some being of C18 origin. Old
tiles. Good 2 storey timber-framed wing to the rear is in good repair
and now used as dwellings.
Nos 54 and 56, and the Hospital of Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester, in
High Street (North Side): Nos 1 and 1A Brook Street, and West Gate and
St James's Chapel, all form a group.
Listing NGR: SP2805364744
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings