This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.3162 / 52°18'58"N
Longitude: -1.5779 / 1°34'40"W
OS Eastings: 428868
OS Northings: 268765
OS Grid: SP288687
Mapcode National: GBR 5LR.PWB
Mapcode Global: VHBXH.L1PP
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 11 April 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1364956
English Heritage Legacy ID: 308076
Location: Leek Wootton and Guy's Cliffe, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV35
Civil Parish: Leek Wootton and Guy's Cliffe
Built-Up Area: Leek Wootton
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Leek Wootton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
LEEK WOOTTON Warwick Road
22/204 Church of All Saints
Parish church. Old church demolished 1789 and present tower and nave built
on the site in Gothic style in 1792. Chancel added in 1843; nave roof raised
in 1864, and nave lengthened in 1889. Consists of chancel, nave, west tower,
vestry and south porch. Walls of sandstone ashlar and steeply pitched plain
tile roofs. Tower of three stages with moulded stringcourse at each stage.
Angle buttresses reach to the base of the embattled parapet. In west face
of lowest stage is a three-light window with cinquefoil tracery, and above
a blank quatrefoil window. At third stage are two-light belfry windows. Nave
with plain parapet with three crocketted pinnacles. In south wall three windows,
two of two-lights and one of three-lights. In north wall same type of windows
but also a circular rose window. South porch has angle buttresses and tiled
roof. Chancel with buttresses and continuous stringband at cill level. Below
the four-light pointed east window with cinquefoil tracery, is a two-light
mullioned window to a chamber built to make up for the fall in the ground from
west to east. Three cinquefoil windows in south wall of chancel and one in
north wall. Attached to north of chancel is a gabled vestry with three-light
cinquefoil window in north gable. Interior: Chancel and nave have open timber
roofs, that to nave is of hammer-beam construction. Panelled oak pulpit.
Oak chancel screen erected in 1929. 1845 octagonal panelled stone font. In
north wall of nave a tomb recess or Easter Sepulchre. In the church there
are a number of C18 and C19 mural tablets. In churchyard immediately to east
of south porch is a C12 tapered circular font.
Listing NGR: SP2886868765
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings