This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.0461 / 53°2'45"N
Longitude: -2.2008 / 2°12'3"W
OS Eastings: 386632
OS Northings: 349888
OS Grid: SJ866498
Mapcode National: GBR MF2.5K
Mapcode Global: WHBCM.5P7N
Entry Name: Hill Top Methodist Church (Remains Of)
Listing Date: 19 April 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1365738
English Heritage Legacy ID: 384521
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, ST6
Electoral Ward/Division: Burslem Central
Built-Up Area: Stoke-on-Trent
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Burslem St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 8649 NE,
STOKE ON TRENT,
Burslem (West side),
Hill Top Methodist Church (remains of)
Portico, all that survives of former Methodist church, built
as Burslem Sunday School in 1836 by Samuel Parch. Stone.
Raised on a projecting basement, with balustrading and steps
from street level. 8 Doric columns support entablature, with
central blocking course inscribed "Burslem Sunday School".
Behind the portico, the paired former doorways are now
blocked, with pedimented cases.
Listing NGR: SJ8663249888
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings