History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St John

A Grade II Listed Building in Lawley and Overdale, Telford and Wrekin

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6751 / 52°40'30"N

Longitude: -2.4934 / 2°29'36"W

OS Eastings: 366735

OS Northings: 308714

OS Grid: SJ667087

Mapcode National: GBR BW.4DW6

Mapcode Global: WH9D8.N1W0

Entry Name: Church of St John

Listing Date: 8 April 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1367388

English Heritage Legacy ID: 362029

Location: Lawley and Overdale, Telford and Wrekin, TF4

County: Telford and Wrekin

Civil Parish: Lawley and Overdale

Traditional County: Shropshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire

Church of England Parish: Central Telford

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Ketley

Listing Text

DAWLEY LAWLEY
1.
5362 Dawley Road
CHURCH OF ST JOHN
SJ 60 NE 31/161

II


2.
Built in 1865. Designed by J Ladds in a part of Romanesque style. Polychrome brick
church with tiled roof. Comprises nave with lancets, south porch, chancel with
polygonal apse with lancets and large tower on south side of chancel with round
arched bell openings and pyramidal tiled spire on corbel table. Stained glass in
east and west windows of Evans of Smethwick.


Listing NGR: SJ6673508714

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.