This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.7698 / 52°46'11"N
Longitude: -2.4169 / 2°25'0"W
OS Eastings: 371969
OS Northings: 319212
OS Grid: SJ719192
Mapcode National: GBR 7Y.YFG5
Mapcode Global: WH9CQ.VM8Z
Plus Code: 9C4VQH9M+W6
Entry Name: Provosts House
Listing Date: 18 June 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1367393
English Heritage Legacy ID: 362057
Location: Edgmond, Telford and Wrekin, TF10
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: Edgmond
Built-Up Area: Edgmond
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Edgmond St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
EDGMOND HIGH STREET
5362 (north-west side)
(Formerly 'The Rectory')
SJ 71 NW 24/192 18.6.59
Large early C14 stone house with later alterations and C18 brick garden front.
Slate and tile roofs.
The original house contains 3 doors from the former screens passage to the kitchen
buttery and pantry with arches with double sunk quadrant mouldings. The north front
has some C14 masonry and an embattled gable with adjoining C14 porch off centre with
a rebuilt bridge gable and a double chamfered arch.
Stone mullion windows on this elevation. Two storeys and attic.
C18 south garden front possibly by R Mylne, brick with embattled parapet; 2 storeys,
4 bays, sashes with glazing bars in segmental arched openings with keyblocks.
Early C20 timber framed and brick addition to west and late C19 brick wings to east.
Listing NGR: SJ7197119208
Other nearby listed buildings