This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.534 / 52°32'2"N
Longitude: -2.4125 / 2°24'45"W
OS Eastings: 372113
OS Northings: 292980
OS Grid: SO721929
Mapcode National: GBR BZ.FGSH
Mapcode Global: VH90Z.4KFT
Entry Name: Diamond Hall
Listing Date: 18 July 1949
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1367483
English Heritage Legacy ID: 254517
Location: Bridgnorth, Shropshire, WV15
Civil Parish: Bridgnorth
Built-Up Area: Bridgnorth
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Bridgnorth
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
ST JOHN'S STREET
No 42 (Diamond Hall)
SO 79 SW 3/182 18.7.49.
Probably mid C17. Red brick; 3 storeys; 2 sash windows in plain reveals;
brick stringcourses; moulded wood doorcase (a good shell hood has been
destroyed, leaving only the enriched modillion brackets); heavy eaves
with boarded soffit; square massive hipped old tile roof; 2 moulded wood
dormers replaced by modern box dormers; massive 3 shaft end stacks. Sometime
home of William Hardwick, Antiquary. The house appears in Bucks View
of Bridgnorth, circa 1750 and is shown with a balustrade on the roof and
a domed lantern. Interior formerly contained good panelling and fireplaces.
Unoccupied and dilapidated.
Listing NGR: SO7211392980
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings