This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6699 / 51°40'11"N
Longitude: -1.2856 / 1°17'8"W
OS Eastings: 449500
OS Northings: 197032
OS Grid: SU495970
Mapcode National: GBR 7YQ.CRD
Mapcode Global: VHCY6.N9Q6
Entry Name: The Clock House
Listing Date: 19 January 1951
Last Amended: 10 December 1971
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1368304
English Heritage Legacy ID: 250458
Location: Abingdon on Thames, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX14
Civil Parish: Abingdon on Thames
Built-Up Area: Abingdon
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Abingdon-on-Thames
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
752 OCK STREET
SU 4997 1/284 19.1.51 Nos. 26A and 28
(The Clock House)
[Fornerly listed as
No. 26 (Clock House),
Nos. 26A and 28]
One building, a symmetrical composition, 1722 by R T Stratton. Three
storeys, gault brick, red dressings. Parapet with nine red panels.
Heavy red brick dentil cornice. 3: 3: 3: windows, wide and narrow, wood
frames, double hung sash with glazing bars, carved head, brick gauged
arches. Centre projects. Band between storeys. Carved keystone to centre
window on the projecting band, two flanking windows have carved heads.
Two outside windows on each side have initials and carving on head.
Ground floor windows to left, no glazing bars. Five stone steps with
handrail, which continues to cellars on stone plinth. Six panel doors,
glazed rectangular fanlight.
Nos. 22 to 30 (even) form a group
Listing NGR: SU4944397015
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings