This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7571 / 51°45'25"N
Longitude: -1.2479 / 1°14'52"W
OS Eastings: 452009
OS Northings: 206758
OS Grid: SP520067
Mapcode National: GBR 8YY.WW6
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.B34B
Entry Name: University of Oxford, St Cross Building
Listing Date: 30 March 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1369496
English Heritage Legacy ID: 246015
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
OXFORD MANOR ROAD
SP 5106 NE
SP 50 NW
612/6/10029 St Cross Building,
612/24/10029 University of
Library and teaching space for Law, English and Statistics.
1961-65. Sir Leslie Martin and Colin St John Wilson. Buff
brick with a raked joint to every third course, black anodised
aluminium; flat roof. Compact, interlocking plan of one to
three storeys comprising three libraries, each of different
sizes and at different levels, each with a double-height top-
lit reading room with ancillary stack space; also lecture
theatre and other teaching space. Central external staircase
rises three storeys with entrances at each level.
L. Martin, Buildings and Ideas 1933-83.
Listing NGR: SP5197206757
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings