This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.5962 / 52°35'46"N
Longitude: -0.5426 / 0°32'33"W
OS Eastings: 498810
OS Northings: 300814
OS Grid: SK988008
Mapcode National: GBR FWG.7LS
Mapcode Global: WHGM8.M0SK
Plus Code: 9C4XHFW4+FW
Entry Name: Riverside Cottages
Listing Date: 31 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1372007
English Heritage Legacy ID: 232982
Location: Duddington-with-Fineshade, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, PE9
Civil Parish: Duddington-with-Fineshade
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Duddington St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
DUDDINGTON TODDS HILL
SK9800 (West side)
9/115 Riverside Cottages
2 houses. Early and early/md C17. Squared coursed limestone with Collyweston
elate roofs. Originally one-and 2-unit cottages forming an L-shape range. Single
storey with attics. Main front has 2 bays to left with a leaded casement under
wood lintel to left. 2 eaves dormers to attic, one with leaded casement, the
other with a C20 casement. Plank door, to right, under shallow stone arch.
Ashlar gable parapet, to left, and ashlar stacks at ridge and end. Lean-to
extension attached to left. Range attached at right angles, to right, is of 2
bays, one-window range. Casement window, under wood lintel, to ground floor and
eaves dormer to attic. Gable end has casement window, to attic, under wood
lintel, and 6-panel door, also under wood lintel, to left. Lean-to, with pantile
roof, is attached to right. Elevation, to right, of 2 bays, one-window range
with a leaded casement, under wood lintel, to left. Central plank door, also
under wood lintel, has decoration to head of frame, probably of C17 origin.
Central ashlar stack. Rear elevation has a 3-light stone mullion window, to
right. Interiors not inspected but noted as having open fireplaces, now blocked,
winder staircase and one C17 fireplace with ashlar surround. Used as the parish
poorhouse from about 1775 to 1834.
(RCHM: An inventory of Architectural Monuments in North Northamptonshire: p47)
Listing NGR: SK9881000814
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings