This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8803 / 52°52'49"N
Longitude: 1.4325 / 1°25'57"E
OS Eastings: 631061
OS Northings: 336947
OS Grid: TG310369
Mapcode National: GBR WDV.H05
Mapcode Global: WHMSB.ZVBR
Plus Code: 9F43VCJM+42
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 4 October 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1373509
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224672
Location: Mundesley, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR11
Civil Parish: Mundesley
Built-Up Area: Mundesley
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Mundesley All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
Church of All Saints
Parish church. Medieval, rebuilt 1904. Quaternary flint and chert with Lincolnshire Limestone and brick dressings. Tile roof. Nave with western extension, south porch, chancel.
Single bay C19 extension to nave with gault brick dressings to diagonal buttresses. Western doorway with stone surround. Above this a single light window. C20 vestry to north, single storey. Buttressed nave of four bays with diagonal buttresses; Medieval walling. One restored Y-tracery window; two C19 windows with two cusped lights. North nave has doorway with continuous moulding a chamfer merging to arch with hollows and rolls. Hood mould. Beside this a C12 lancet light almost blocked by a buttress. Two C19 two-light windows. Early C20 chancel of three bays with three two-light windows to south. East window of three lights. No openings to north. Buttressed Medieval porch to first nave bay with single cusped light to east and west. Eaves raised. Doorway with octagonal shafts and abaci and chamfered arch, now partly blocked and with a C20 door. Niche over with cusped moulded brick head.
Interior. Cusped stoup beside south door. A ramped western gallery. Large splay to lancet light of north nave. Piscina in south nave wall. West wall of nave in red brick revealed by fallen plaster. Chancel arch with restored polygonal abaci; weathered shafts. In the chancel a plaque recording the rebuilding of the chancel by 1914 after 100 years of ruination. Rood screen and stair of restoration. Jacobean pulpit with tester from Sprowston, Norwich. C14 octagonal font.
Listing NGR: TG3106136947
Other nearby listed buildings