This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.8223 / 52°49'20"N
Longitude: 1.3643 / 1°21'51"E
OS Eastings: 626776
OS Northings: 330278
OS Grid: TG267302
Mapcode National: GBR WFJ.3RB
Mapcode Global: WHMSP.XBV6
Plus Code: 9F43R9C7+WP
Entry Name: Bradmoor Farmhouse
Listing Date: 29 September 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1373939
English Heritage Legacy ID: 222764
Location: North Walsham, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR28
Civil Parish: North Walsham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Walsham North St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
In the entry for:-
TG 2630 AYLSHAM ROAD
the description shall be amended to read:
Farmhouse. Circa 1820, altered circa late C19 and C20. Flemish bond
red brick. Black-glazed pantile hipped roof with deep eaves. Red brick
axial and lateral stacks. Plan: Overall T-shaped plan. 3-room plan
front range has stairhall to left of centre flanked by 2 parlours and
an axial passage behind central parlour from stairhall to unheated
right hand room. Rear wing at centre containing kitchen and dairy
behind that and scullery in single storey outshut in rear right hand
angle. In late C19 the rear wing was heightened to 2 storeys. In C20
a small 2-storey extension was built in the rear left hand angle and
an outbuilding behind the rear wing was converted into a garage.
Exterior: 2 storeys. 4-window south front. Original window openings
with gauged brick flat arches and C20 plastic casements, smaller 2-
light window to left of centre with doorway below; doorcase with
moulded pilasters, panelled reveals, reeded frieze and cornice;
panelled and glazed door. At rear gable-ended wing raised to 2
storeys, outshut in left angle and small 2-storey extension in right
hand angle. LargeC20 windows in rendered west end of front range.
Interior: The plan is intact and much of the early C19 joinery
survives including 6 and 2-panel doors and an open-well staircase with
an open string, stick balusters and moulded mahogany handrail wreathed
over column curtail newel.
Note: It was a Suffield (Gunton Park) estate farm, sold from the
estate in 1913 with 171 acres.
1. AYLSHAM ROAD
1461 (North Side)
TG 2630 2/23
Circa 1830, 2 storey, red brick, 4 casement windows at 1st floor with
gauged flat arches, front with wide eaves cornice, pantile roof, wood
doorcase with fluted frieze. Interior: 2- and 6-panel doors.
Listing NGR: TG2677630278
Other nearby listed buildings