This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9556 / 52°57'20"N
Longitude: 1.0179 / 1°1'4"E
OS Eastings: 602819
OS Northings: 344071
OS Grid: TG028440
Mapcode National: GBR T8P.L64
Mapcode Global: WHLQM.LZY0
Entry Name: Guildhall
Listing Date: 6 March 1959
Last Amended: 15 February 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1373987
English Heritage Legacy ID: 222902
Location: Blakeney, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR25
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Blakeney
Built-Up Area: Blakeney
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Blakeney St Nicholas with St Mary and St Thomas
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
(formerly listed as The Quay)
C15. Originally a 2 storey building, of which only the undercroft survives.
Flint and brick with ashlar dressings. Three rectangular window openings on
east side. Moulded arch doorway on north end. Two by 4 bay vaulted interior
with brick ribbed vaults supported on octagonal stone piers. Pointed head niches
in side walls. Projection on south-east corner contains garderobe shute. Traditionally
called the Guildhall but original use not known. Possibly a Merchant's house
when Blakeney was a port and fish market in the Middle Ages. A.M.
Listing NGR: TG0281944071
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings