History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Annabells Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Thorpe in the Glebe, Nottinghamshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8287 / 52°49'43"N

Longitude: -1.0914 / 1°5'29"W

OS Eastings: 461312

OS Northings: 326076

OS Grid: SK613260

Mapcode National: GBR 9LJ.LWS

Mapcode Global: WHFJQ.65J8

Entry Name: Annabells Farm

Listing Date: 15 September 1998

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1376504

English Heritage Legacy ID: 470506

Location: Thorpe in the Glebe, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG12

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Rushcliffe

Civil Parish: Thorpe in the Glebe

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Find accommodation in
Willoughby on the Wolds

Listing Text

SK 62 NW THORPE IN THE GLEBE

1511/6/10007 Annabell's Farm

II

Farmhouse. c1805 with minor C20 alterations. Red brick with Swithland slate roof and two brick gable stacks. Dentilated brick eaves. 2 storey. Main south front has central doorway with moulded wooden door surround, 6 panel door and overlight. Either side single 4x4 pane glazing bar sash windows. Above 2 similar sashes all with brick heads. To left a lean-to privy addition with Swithland and pantile roof and a single plank door. West gable wall has lean-to with a plank door to right and 2-light sliding sash to left. Rear north front has slightly off centre doorway with plank door under segmental brick arch. To right a three light sliding sash with glazing bars. To right 2 C20 casement windows. Above two 3-light sliding sashes have brick segmental arches. East gable front has inserted doorway and casement windows. Above in gable a small 3-light window. INTERIOR: retains original room arrangement, except for the former dairy rear right which has been converted to store rooms. Ground floor rooms has original spine beams with roll moulding. Front room left has 1920's wooden fire surround with Art Nouveau tiles, cupboard to left with re-used C18 raised and fielded panel doors. Kitchen has original re-sited fire surround and range with original cupboards to left. Central original staircase. Original panel doors and plank doors throughout. An unusually well preserved example of a small late Georgian farmhouse in the local vernacular style.


Listing NGR: SK6131226076

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.