This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5082 / 51°30'29"N
Longitude: -0.0977 / 0°5'51"W
OS Eastings: 532111
OS Northings: 180520
OS Grid: TQ321805
Mapcode National: GBR QF.6J
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.8C55
Entry Name: 51 and 52, Bankside
Listing Date: 2 March 1950
Last Amended: 17 September 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1376549
English Heritage Legacy ID: 470552
Location: Southwark, London, SE1
Electoral Ward/Division: Cathedrals
Built-Up Area: Southwark
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Saviour with All Hallows Southwark
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
636-1/2/27 (South side)
02/03/50 Nos.51 AND 52
(Formerly Listed as:
Terrace of 3, now 2 houses, dated 1712. Brown brick with red
brick dressings and timber details. Slate mansard with dormers
behind rendered parapet.
2 storeys and attic; 1st floor has 3 bays, each of 2 windows.
Altered ground floor has two 6-panelled doors in timber
doorcases with moulded pilasters and continuous moulded timber
cornice extending out over doors to form canopy, supported on
carved brackets. Ground floor has sash windows with glazing
bars and stucco sills, the 2 right-hand ones tripartite.
First-floor sash windows with glazing bars have gauged, flat
brick arches and stucco sills with moulded brick cornice
above. 1st floor of No.51, with wrought-iron lamp holder,
extends over adjacent Cardinal's Cap Alley. Rainwater head
bears crown and initials: "BHS 1712".
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: TQ3211180520
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings