This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.1852 / 51°11'6"N
Longitude: -0.2598 / 0°15'35"W
OS Eastings: 521716
OS Northings: 144326
OS Grid: TQ217443
Mapcode National: GBR JJJ.M4M
Mapcode Global: VHGSG.GG0R
Entry Name: Park House Farm House
Listing Date: 29 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1378119
English Heritage Legacy ID: 290259
Location: Leigh, Mole Valley, Surrey, RH2
District: Mole Valley
Civil Parish: Leigh
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Leigh St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
LEIGH C.P. MYNTHURST
9/145 Park House Farm House
Hall house. C14 with later C15 and C17 extensions, further additions and
restorations in the 1930's. Timber framed, some posts renewed, with whitewashed
brick infill and brick plinth, C20 plain tiled roofs, hipped with gablet to front,
oversailing gable to right. L-shaped plan comprising a 3-bay hall house to front
with C17 single bay extension to left and a C15 two bay hall to rear at right
angles to rear right. Two storeys with offset double stack to front left, diagonal
shafts rebuilt in C20, fine multiple C17 ribbed stack to rear wing with beehive
pots and C19 stack to right end. C20 diamond-frame leaded casement fenestration,
two windows on first floor left, one to right, similar arrangement below. 1930's
ogee hip-roofed porch, two storeys, to right of centre with jetty on three sides.
Tension bracing on first floor. One window on first floor and studded door below.
Rear:- two dormers on wing, underbuilt in brick.
Interior:- cambered tie beam and braced,square crown-post to left on front range,
other braced crown posts exposed. Larger octagonal crown post with full, 4-way
bracing on large,cambered tie beam with broach stops to chamfers on post and
moulded cap,on rear hall. Duplicate curved bracing in Hall/Solar partition to
front; spur pieces in spandrels between main posts and arched braces of open truss
of hall. East end of solar overhangs the hall, a rare occurence in Surrey. (Cf -
Little Bignor, Sussex).
Report and survey of the house, prepared by R. T. Mason in the 1960's, are in the
possession of the owners.
Listing NGR: TQ2171644326
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings