This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.4194 / 52°25'9"N
Longitude: -2.0539 / 2°3'14"W
OS Eastings: 396430
OS Northings: 280152
OS Grid: SO964801
Mapcode National: GBR 2DZ.9K1
Mapcode Global: VH9Z6.CG15
Plus Code: 9C4VCW9W+PC
Entry Name: Porch House Farmhouse
Listing Date: 14 December 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1379931
English Heritage Legacy ID: 479377
Location: Hunnington, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B62
Civil Parish: Hunnington
Built-Up Area: Romsley
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Halas
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO 98 SE HUNNINGTON BROMSGROVE ROAD
1649/3/10004 Porch House Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Circa early C18, possibly on site of earlier house; altered circa 1840, and altered again and extended circa early C20. English and Flemish bond red brick; rendered at front. Clay plain tile roof with gabled ends. Large brick gable-end stacks with set-offs and grouped shafts.
PLAN: T-shaped on plan; two principal rooms in front range with central entrance passage leading to small stairhall and kitchen wing at rear. Single-storey outhouse on gable end of rear wing. In circa 1840 the front was rendered and refenestrated. In early C20 bay windows were were added to the front and a large single-storey billiard room wing was built in the rear left [NE] angle.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and attic. Symmetrical 3-window rendered west front with stringcourses; 12- and 16-pane sashes on first floor; two early C20 canted bay windows on ground floor, and central doorway with glazed and panelled door, rectangular overlight with margin panes and early C20 gabled porch. Rear [E] cross-mullion-transom windows and large wing at centre with single-storey outhouse on gable end.
INTERIOR: Left-hand front room has deeply chamfered intersecting ceiling beams. Right-hand front room has deeply chamfered axial beam, and large fireplace with stop-chamfered bressumer, converted to inglenook. Kitchen in rear wing has shallow chamfered cross-beam. First floor chambers have deeply chamfered axial beams, right-hand room with stops buried in the walls and simple moulded chimneypiece. Good early C18 open-well staircase with moulded string with block rusticated frieze, widely spaced turned balusters, heavy handrails and square newels. Tie-beam and collar roof trusses with angle struts and two tiers of trenched purlins, diagonally-set ridgepiece and common-rafters intact. Cellar under rear wing has chamfered beam, unchamfered joists and stone mullion windows.
Listing NGR: SO9643080152
Other nearby listed buildings