History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Wharf House

A Grade II Listed Building in Neen Sollars, Shropshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.331 / 52°19'51"N

Longitude: -2.4878 / 2°29'16"W

OS Eastings: 366856

OS Northings: 270430

OS Grid: SO668704

Mapcode National: GBR BW.V883

Mapcode Global: VH84F.TNNY

Entry Name: Wharf House

Listing Date: 29 February 2000

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1383588

English Heritage Legacy ID: 484020

Location: Neen Sollars, Shropshire, WR15

County: Shropshire

Civil Parish: Neen Sollars

Traditional County: Shropshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire

Church of England Parish: Neen Sollars with Milson

Church of England Diocese: Hereford

Find accommodation in
Bayton

Listing Text


NEEN SOLLARS

SO67SE SOUTHNET
582-1/6/178 Wharf House

II

House. c1799. Brick with dentil course eaves and stepped
verge. Plain-tile roof. Brick projecting gable-end and central
ridge stacks. Main block with C20 end and rear extensions.
EXTERIOR: 2-storey and cellars. South front is a 2-window
range of 3/3 sashes with gauged brick lintels and 6/6 sashes
at ground floor, flanking central projecting 2-storey brick
bow with curved 3/3 sash and 6/6 sash at ground floor, and
with semi-conical tiled roof. Cellars with brick
segmental-arched openings.
Single-storey brick tiled gabled C20 extension wing to left
with C20 multi-pane bow window.
Right-hand gable end: front entrance to left of projecting
stack with boarded door set in C20 rubble stone surrounds
under C20 projecting canopy. C20 2-storey brick tiled gabled
extension to right. Left gable end covered by single-storey
extension. Rear: partly covered by 2-storey extension wing.
Tall staircase window.
INTERIOR: original moulded creased boarded doors in moulded
frames throughout. Cellar with large brick-vaulted storerooms
with renewed oak boarded doors.
The house was the headquarters of the Kington and Leominster
Canal Company formed 1791, closed 1858.

Listing NGR: SO6685670430

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.