This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4849 / 51°29'5"N
Longitude: -0.0729 / 0°4'22"W
OS Eastings: 533901
OS Northings: 177973
OS Grid: TQ339779
Mapcode National: GBR WP.RW
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.PY92
Plus Code: 9C3XFWMG+WR
Entry Name: Numbers 24 and 26 and Attached Railings
Listing Date: 27 September 1972
Last Amended: 17 September 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1385557
English Heritage Legacy ID: 470960
Location: Southwark, London, SE15
Electoral Ward/Division: East Walworth
Built-Up Area: Southwark
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Camberwell St Philip and St Mark
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ3377 GLENGALL ROAD
636-1/10/373 (West side)
27/09/72 Nos.24 AND 26
and attached railings
(Formerly Listed as:
2 houses. c1843-1845. Probably by the Brighton architect, Amon
Henry Wilds. Stucco with hipped slate roof with overhanging
2 storeys and semi-basement, 2 bays each. Giant fluted Ionic
pilasters rise through ground and 1st floors, flanking inner
bay of each house and supporting segmental arches above
1st-floor windows. Outer entrance bays slightly recessed with
steps up to square Ionic porch with deep entablature and
corresponding pilasters flanking door. Sash windows, those to
inner bays segmental-headed, those above porch round-headed in
shallow round-arched recess. String course above basement.
Cast-iron decorative grilles to ground-floor windows.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: area railings and rails to porch.
Pair of houses in row of 4 identical, semi-detached pairs set
back from street facing similar row of 9; Nos 1-35 (odd) &
24-38 (even) form a group.
Listing NGR: TQ3390177972
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings