History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Boathouse, Armoury and St Kevernes Cottages

A Grade II Listed Building in Plymstock, City of Plymouth

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.3554 / 50°21'19"N

Longitude: -4.1021 / 4°6'7"W

OS Eastings: 250560

OS Northings: 52724

OS Grid: SX505527

Mapcode National: GBR NY.VVKZ

Mapcode Global: FRA 2893.7QF

Entry Name: Boathouse, Armoury and St Kevernes Cottages

Listing Date: 29 June 1998

Last Amended: 9 November 1998

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1386348

English Heritage Legacy ID: 473733

Location: Plymouth, PL9

County: City of Plymouth

Electoral Ward/Division: Plymstock Radford

Parish: Non Civil Parish

Built-Up Area: Plymstock

Traditional County: Devon

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon

Find accommodation in
Turnchapel

Listing Text


PLYMOUTH

SX5052NE RADFORD LAKE
740-1/80/901 Plymstock, St Keverne's Quay
29/06/98 Boathouse, Armoury and St Keverne's
Cottages
(Formerly Listed as:
RADFORD PARK ROAD
Plymstock, St Keverne's Quay
Boat House, Armoury and St Keverne's
Cottages)

GV II

Pair of cottages, boathouse and lodge, in ruins. Circa mid
C19, incorporating C16/C17 architectural features. Stone
rubble with granite dressings.
Armoury Cottage at left (south) end, St Keverne's Cottage at
centre, and boathouse and integral lodge on right (north); all
now roofless and forming a picturesque ruin on St Keverne's
Quay, Radford Lake.
Armoury Cottage is single storey and has a moulded granite
4-centred arch doorway on its south gable end, 2 window
openings on its east front and a large moulded granite
fireplace inside with a carved fleur-de-lys and date 1640
above. St Keverne's Cottage at the centre has projections to
left and right, the right with a heavily moulded granite
round-arched doorway and at the centre a 4-light mullion
window. Lodge and integral boathouse on right (north); the
south wall has a large segmental arch, supported on granite
monolithic columns with separate capitals; the boathouse has a
large pointed arch entrance from the lake. Set into the
grounds south of the boathouse and lodge is a large granite
apple-press.


Listing NGR: SX5056052724

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.