This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.1457 / 50°8'44"N
Longitude: -5.6738 / 5°40'25"W
OS Eastings: 137628
OS Northings: 33760
OS Grid: SW376337
Mapcode National: GBR DXC9.9X6
Mapcode Global: VH057.LLVN
Plus Code: 9C2P48WG+7F
Entry Name: Trewellard Wesleyan Chapel
Listing Date: 14 April 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1386532
English Heritage Legacy ID: 473923
Location: St. Just, Cornwall, TR19
Civil Parish: St. Just
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Pendeen
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 33 SE ST JUST TREWEllARD
881/1/10052 Trewellard Wesleyan Chapel
Fairly large nonconformist (Wesleyan) chapel. 1833 datesone, refitted late C19. Granite ashlar front, otherwise granite rubble with granite dressings; concrete tile roof with coped ends, the front end as a triangular pediment. Rectangular aisle-less plan with gallery on 4 sides. 2-storey side elevations; symmetrical 2-window front with round-arched openings. late C19 horned sashes with spoked fanlight heads (also to 1st-floor of side elevations). Wide central doorway with good spoked fanlight and pair of single-panel doors.
INTERIOR retains original panelled and moulded gallery front to 3 sides with canted corners and carried on slender Tuscan columns, also there is a very fine moulded and carved plaster ceiling rose. The late C19 gallery at the ritual east end has turned balusters and panelled piers. The rostrum is of a similar date with lectern broken forward from a turned balustrade and standing on a pair of Tuscan end columns with a round blind arch between. The pitch-pine pews are also late C19 as is the organ and a glazed chancel screen with Gothic detail. The attached vestry and other rooms retain some original features including a moulded chimneypiece with corner blocks and roundels. This is a good example of a galleried chapel within a mining village.
Listing NGR: SW3763033763
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings