History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Allesborough Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Pershore, Worcestershire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1154 / 52°6'55"N

Longitude: -2.0907 / 2°5'26"W

OS Eastings: 393884

OS Northings: 246344

OS Grid: SO938463

Mapcode National: GBR 2JM.68J

Mapcode Global: VH938.Q325

Entry Name: Allesborough Farmhouse

Listing Date: 6 April 1976

Last Amended: 30 March 1999

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1386896

English Heritage Legacy ID: 474309

Location: Pershore, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR10

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon

Civil Parish: Pershore

Built-Up Area: Pershore

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Pershore

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Pershore

Listing Text


PERSHORE

SO94NW ALLESBOROUGH HILL, Allesborough
648-1/1/198 Allesborough Farmhouse
06/04/76
(Formerly Listed as:
ALLESBOROUGH HILL
Allesborough Farm House)

GV II

Farmhouse. Probably C15; additions and alterations C16-C18 and
later. Red brick in Flemish bond with stone chimney and
timber-framed wing to rear. Plain tile roof with brick
dentilled or dogtooth eaves. SE (main) elevation: external end
stacks, that on left of stone with tall decorative brick
shafts
PLAN: C18 house faces SE and at rear has 2 parallel wings at
right-angles.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys. 2 windows each floor: tripartite horned
1/1:2/2:1/1 sashes under gauged brick flat arches with painted
keystones and sills; that on ground floor to right now with
central French window. To right of centre, round-arched
doorcase with panelled reveals, radial fanlight and 4-panel
part-glazed door.
Left return: large timber-frame wing, pebbledashed, with roof
dormer and ridge stacks to centre and end; replacement
casement windows; 2 wide doorcases; stone plinth and gable
end; at its left end, a further small single-storey C19 brick
wing with hipped tile roof, dogtooth eaves and 2
segmental-arched 8/8 sashes.
Right return: timber-framed wing with brick nogging and
attached single-storey extension with chimney.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
HISTORICAL NOTE: successor to Abbot's demesne farm and part of
abbey estates from 1620 survey.


Listing NGR: SO9388446344

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.