This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.6106 / 53°36'38"N
Longitude: -2.4284 / 2°25'42"W
OS Eastings: 371752
OS Northings: 412756
OS Grid: SD717127
Mapcode National: GBR CVHP.1F
Mapcode Global: WH97N.NHTX
Plus Code: 9C5VJH6C+6J
Entry Name: Eagley Bank
Listing Date: 26 April 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1387860
English Heritage Legacy ID: 475852
Location: Bolton, BL1
Electoral Ward/Division: Astley Bridge
Built-Up Area: Bolton
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Astley Bridge St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Manchester
SD7112NE ANDREW LANE
797-1/5/3 (East side)
26/04/74 Eagley Bank
Small mansion. Possibly originally late C18, extended and
remodelled 1854, with further extensions and modifications of
c1920. Ashlar with slate roof.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys, entrance front a 3-window range with
central entrance. 8-panelled door in Tuscan architrave with
wrought-iron tracery to elliptical fanlight. Canted bay window
to right of doorway, and sash windows with flat arched heads
to left and above. Moulded eaves cornice and end wall stacks.
Single storey canted extension of c1920 set back against
right-hand return, built in angle with rear wing, with leaded
fanlights over paired 4-pane sash windows.
Hipped roofed wing beyond, with conservatory built against its
south elevation. Left hand return has curved angle, and 2
phase lean-to wings. The right-hand wing has 16-pane sash
window on each floor, and beyond it, the left hand wing has
paired 2-pane sashes to ground floor, and 4-pane sash above.
Slate-hung link to Eagley Bank Cottage, which was built as a
wing of the main house. Watershot stone work with slate roof.
Hipped roofed porch to its left with doorway in side wall, and
a further doorway and window to right of porch. 2 windows
Rear elevation of house has paired gables with embattled
parapet to shallow extension, probably housing stairs and
dated 1854. Hipped roofed wing to east of main house, and
beyond it, a single storey range (open to the north, with date
1865 cast into cast-iron lintel) links to the stable block and
coach house. Paired stilted arched windows each side of
central pediment carrying Italianate clock tower.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SD7175212756
Other nearby listed buildings