This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.08 / 54°4'47"N
Longitude: -0.1908 / 0°11'26"W
OS Eastings: 518460
OS Northings: 466410
OS Grid: TA184664
Mapcode National: GBR WP38.H6
Mapcode Global: WHHF7.1QF2
Entry Name: South Pier, Bridlington Harbour
Listing Date: 19 January 2001
Last Amended: 8 November 2017
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1389156
English Heritage Legacy ID: 486779
Location: Bridlington, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO15
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Bridlington
Built-Up Area: Bridlington
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Bridlington Quay Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 1866 SOUTH CLIFF ROAD
707/5/10009 (East side)
19-JAN-01 South Pier at Bridlington Harbour
Pier or breakwater wall forming one side of Bridlington Harbour. Built 1816-37 altered c1965. Large ashlar stone blocks in regular courses.
Outer wall facing the sea to the south is curved with an outwardly curving band at the top surmounted by a plain low parapet. Inner face slightly battered with C20 concrete coping in places, breakwater thicker at centre with concrete and steel addition plus early C20 five ton crane. Towards eastern end the breakwater has been doubled in thickness with concrete and steel in late C20 and fishermen's offices and storage added over also in steel, brick and concrete.
This pier and the contemporary North Pier formed the new harbour at Bridlington.
Listing NGR: TA1854266404
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings