History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Storrage House

A Grade II Listed Building in Beoley, Worcestershire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.339 / 52°20'20"N

Longitude: -1.9205 / 1°55'13"W

OS Eastings: 405509

OS Northings: 271219

OS Grid: SP055712

Mapcode National: GBR 3HG.78G

Mapcode Global: VH9ZN.NGJR

Plus Code: 9C4W83QH+JQ

Entry Name: Storrage House

Listing Date: 8 November 2001

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1389532

English Heritage Legacy ID: 488217

Location: Beoley, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B48

County: Worcestershire

Civil Parish: Beoley

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Redditch Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Alvechurch

Description

ALVECHURCH

1655/0/10034 STORRAGE LANE
08-NOV-01 Storrage House

II

House. Circa 1837. Header-bond red brick with vitrefied brick diapering and sandstone dressings. Clay shaped tile roof with moulded stone coping to gables with stone finials and shaped stone kneelers. Brick gable-end stacks with rebuilt diagonally-set shafts.
PLAN: L-shaped on plan; the front range with central entrance/stair hall and with service wing to rear left.
Tudor style.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys. Symmetrical 3-bay south front with central 2-storey gabled porch with moulded stone Tudor arch doorway, similar arches on returns and moulded stone string course above; 3-light mullion-transom window to left and right and smaller 2-light windows above under small gables, all with wooden casements with glazing bars and in chamfered stone openings. Similar windows at sides and at rear; the rear elevation with three gables, the smaller central gable recessed and with stair window, the right a projecting gable-ended wing.
INTERIOR: Interior largely intact. The entrance hall has stone flag floor, modillion cornice, panelled Tudor arch and open-well staircase with stop-chamfered newels with moulded caps and turned balusters. Original joinery includes panelled doors and architraves. Moulded plaster ceiling cornices.
NOTE: It is reputed that the deeds give a date of 1837 and that the house was built by Thomas Timmis, who owned Timmis Brickworks, Stourbridge.


Listing NGR: SP0546371225

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.