This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.1187 / 52°7'7"N
Longitude: -2.3256 / 2°19'32"W
OS Eastings: 377799
OS Northings: 246761
OS Grid: SO777467
Mapcode National: GBR 0FN.0W2
Mapcode Global: VH934.M0WM
Entry Name: Boundary Marker at So7779946761 in Kitchen Garden of Davenham House
Listing Date: 10 January 2008
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1393187
English Heritage Legacy ID: 502920
Location: Malvern, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR14
District: Malvern Hills
Civil Parish: Malvern
Built-Up Area: Great Malvern
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Malvern The Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
943/0/10056 Boundary marker at SO7779946761 in kit
10-JAN-08 chen garden of Davenham House
Boundary post, 1909. Cast iron with rounded top. Relief lettering reads CLERKENWELL/ CHARITY/ TRUSTEES./ 1909./ ALDERMAN/ E.J. PERRY,/ CHAIRMAN./ THOS.W.WOOD./ RECTOR. The lower part of the post is currently obscured by undergrowth.
HISTORY: One of a group of boundary posts which were erected to mark the boundary of the Clerkenwell estate given in the mid-C17 as a gift by Sir George Strode to the poor of the parish of Clerkenwell in London. Originally there were twenty-five such markers which can be seen on early Ordnance Survey maps. The estate was gradually sold off during the C20.
SUMMARY OF IMPORTANCE: One of a group of C19 and early C20 cast iron boundary posts erected to delineate the Clerkenwell Estate. The post remains intact, in its original position, and has group value with the other markers.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
One of a number of C19 and early C20 cast iron boundary posts, many of which are listed, erected to delineate the Clerkenwell Estate, a parcel of land bequeathed to the poor of the parish of Clerkenwell, London, in the C17 by Sir George Strode. The post remains intact and in its original position. It is of special interest on account of its strong historical interest and good group value.
Other nearby listed buildings