History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.


A Category B Listed Building in Speyside Glenlivet, Moray

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »


Latitude: 57.4752 / 57°28'30"N

Longitude: -3.2126 / 3°12'45"W

OS Eastings: 327376

OS Northings: 843417

OS Grid: NJ273434

Mapcode National: GBR L8FZ.32D

Mapcode Global: WH6K7.MCDT

Plus Code: 9C9RFQGP+3X

Entry Name: Fisherton

Listing Name: Fisherton

Listing Date: 9 November 1987

Category: B

Source: Historic Scotland

Source ID: 333272

Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB2358

Building Class: Cultural

Location: Aberlour

County: Moray

Electoral Ward: Speyside Glenlivet

Parish: Aberlour

Traditional County: Banffshire

Find accommodation in


William Robertson, 1839. 2-storey and dormerless attic house, symmetrical pedimented 3-bay N entrance front. Squared tooled

mixed granite frontage, pinned mixed granite flanks; tooled

granite margins.

Centre entrance masked by modern concrete block porch with corrugated-iron roof and side entrance. Regular 1st floor

rear fenestration and off-centre rear doorway with later

lean-to porch. Single ground floor and small attic windows in

E and W return gables; 12-pane glazing. Coped end stacks;

slate roof.

Late 19th century single storey wing (former estate office),

style of James Leslie Findlay, architect, Edinburgh, abuts E

gable and projects forward at N with crowstepped and gabled

front. Tooled granite, tooled and polished ashlar sandstone

dressings. Centre door in N gable with lugged, moulded and

corniced doorpiece; small attic window above.

Bipartite breaks wallhead in E return elevation under wide

richly carved segmental-headed dormer with centre monogram

and moulded surround; 12-pane glazing.

Piended slate roof abuts front crowstepped gable.

Statement of Interest

Estate office added by Sir John Ritchie Findlay who purchased

Aberlour House and Estate in 1885. Appears on 2nd ed. OS,

1905. Unfortunate concrete block porch and down pipes mar

frontage of house. U-plan steading range dated 1887 to rear

not included in listing.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.