This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 56.3209 / 56°19'15"N
Longitude: -2.9367 / 2°56'12"W
OS Eastings: 342161
OS Northings: 714670
OS Grid: NO421146
Mapcode National: GBR 2L.5L6B
Mapcode Global: WH7S3.VDR5
Entry Name: Blebo House
Listing Date: 20 June 1979
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 341083
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB8867
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Cupar
Traditional County: Fife
Mid 18th century classical house with baronial additions by James Findlay, 1903. The 18th century house was rectangular 2 storey and basement with large semi-circular bowed projection to south, droved coursed rubble with projecting ashlar margins. South front: basement formerly in sunk area was exposed as a full storey in 1903, ground floor: side bays have key-blocked venetian windows, with single windows at 1st, bow has three windows at each floor. Roof, reconstructed 1903, swept piended with platform and overhanging eaves Westmoreland slates, at centre large canted and piended dormer opening onto balustraded platform roof of bow. Segmental roofed dormers over side bays. Pair of tall rectangular stacks with battered copes, 1903. East Elevation:
two bays of earlier house, 1st floor windows have blind semi-circular headed tympana, additional bay of 1903 has venetian with blind head. New work is stugged ashlar. Large drum tower at NE angle; three storey with entrance at ground under segmental hood and balustraded balcony carried on bold sculptured brackets. 1st floor, pedimented door to balcony
window to left and right. 2nd floor has 3 low tripartites tucked between cill-band and projecting corbelled cornice. Flat-roof balustraded, reached by circular stair-tower, also with balustraded top, corbelled out from 1st floor at angle with E front. North front irregular fenestration with large stepped, mullioned and transomed window to stair. Single storey attic and basement service window to N. Small walled, terraced garden adjoins to west, entered through arch in
balustraded N wall. Small single storey tool store in NW corner, with bell-cast pyramidal roof. SW corner has small timber octagonal summer house with bellcast slated roof.
INTERIOR: drawing room has Louis seize/Adam plasterwork, Parlour has later 18th century wood and gesso mantelpiece perhaps remaining from earlier house. Dining-room has tall panelled wooden dado, fireplace with Arts and Crafts detailing and open beamed and boarded ceiling, all of 1903. Billiard room of same period in basement below drawing room.
Other nearby listed buildings