This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.9215 / 54°55'17"N
Longitude: -3.9375 / 3°56'14"W
OS Eastings: 275922
OS Northings: 560254
OS Grid: NX759602
Mapcode National: GBR 0CYJ.BK
Mapcode Global: WH4W0.HK7G
Entry Name: Kelton Parish Church
Listing Date: 4 November 1971
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 342146
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB9822
Building Class: Cultural
County: Dumfries and Galloway
Electoral Ward: Dee and Glenkens
Traditional County: Kirkcudbrightshire
Built 1805/6 with stones from 18th century parish church;
restored 1879-80. Rectangular hall church with bellcote to W
gable. Rendered coursed rubble walling with polished
rusticated quoins and raised margins to tall round arched
lights and oculi.
4-bay elevations to N and S. That to N with 3-bay
single-storey corniced porch; that to S with full-height
projecting gabled bay forming vestry. E and W gables each
with 2 round-arched lights surmounted by oculus. Moulded
eaves cornice, slate roof, flat skews.
INTERIOR: galleries of circa 1820 removed and seating plan
altered to give pulpit and communion table on raised dais at
W. All furniture modern, walls with ceramic tiling, timber
lined ceiling with corbels supporting main ribs. War memorial
plaque to W wall.
Ecclesiastical building in use as such.
Other nearby listed buildings