This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 56.2919 / 56°17'30"N
Longitude: -3.2294 / 3°13'45"W
OS Eastings: 324002
OS Northings: 711729
OS Grid: NO240117
Mapcode National: GBR 27.7DG4
Mapcode Global: WH6R1.C3FW
Entry Name: Old United Free Church Now Workshop (Peter Fordyce) Including Front Wall and Gatepiers, Burnside.
Listing Date: 18 August 1972
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 356723
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB21443
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Howe of Fife and Tay Coast
Traditional County: Fife
Dated CHRISTO AD MDCCCXLV.
Tudor gothic, T-plan, 3-window ashlar gable front with
central doorpiece, diagonal buttresses, pinnacles and
Castellated street wall with gatepiers.
Built as Burgher Church (style and manner of dating both
unusual for such) and became East UP Church; united with West
Church (in Madras Road, demolished) in 1873 as South UP
Re-categorised as C(S) from B for Group (2006). The listing relates specifically to the group interest of the subject. It applies, as always, to interior as well as exterior, as appropriate to building type.
Other nearby listed buildings