This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 57.6096 / 57°36'34"N
Longitude: -3.6131 / 3°36'47"W
OS Eastings: 303718
OS Northings: 858876
OS Grid: NJ037588
Mapcode National: GBR K8FM.5N0
Mapcode Global: WH5H4.GZQT
Plus Code: 9C9RJ95P+RQ
Entry Name: Stables, 96, 98 High Street, Forres
Listing Name: 96, 98 High Street, Clydesdale Bank, with Former Gighouse and Stables to Rear
Listing Date: 26 January 1971
Source: Historic Scotland
Source ID: 373008
Historic Scotland Designation Reference: LB31700
Building Class: Cultural
Electoral Ward: Forres
Traditional County: Morayshire
1839, probably William Robertson, Elgin; ground floor of
frontage re-modelled by J and W Wittet, also Elgin, 1938.
3-storey, 5-bay classical bank with 1938 polished granite
facade to ground floor. Flat arch to pend. Ashlar 1st and 2nd
floors and W gable; harled to E; coursed rubble to S. End-bays
slightly advanced; moulded eaves cornice and architraves
to outer windows; 2-pane glazing to 1st floor, 12-pane to
2nd floor. Paired coped stacks; slate roof.
Single storey gighouse at rear with segmental-arched entrance
now glazed; coursed rubble. Stable and other offices; slate
Formerly British Linen Bank.
Former Item 85 (1983 Revised List)
Other nearby listed buildings